Thursday, February 2, 2012

For the Love of Color





We are all guilty of falling into a color rut. I once went an entire season only purchasing garments that were grey. A rule finally had to be made- I was not allowed to even look at it in a store.
It can often be overwhelming when I am out shopping. How do I know which color looks good on me? How do I figure it out without trying on the same top ten times? I recently read that coral is a universal color. It is flattering on all skin tones, pale to dark. I opted to buy a scarf and have been amazed at how often I wear it, and how much it goes with. This is a fail proof color to use to liven up your wardrobe.

The other set of colors I love are jewel tones. They are notoriously flattering. From cocktail parties to tees and scarves. Try out a deep purple or emerald green. Recently I have seen some fantastic heels in jewel toned blues and greens.

When dealing with basics it can be nice to change up your neutrals. I somehow got the idea in my head to incorporate navy stripes with a mustard yellow. Success came with a brown and navy striped sweater, and tee in the shade I was looking for. At the same store. In Thailand. AND they actually fit.

Score.

1 comment: