Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Tourist Uniform



So there is something I have wanted to get off my chest for a while...

Why is it that tourists come here and dress like slobs? Baggy pants, and a tank top. I call this the "Tourist Uniform." My question is, have you ever stopped to look around? Thai people DO NOT dress like that. They are put together and don't look like they just rolled out of bed, even if they do wear the baggy pants. Have some respect and pay attention to you surroundings. I get it. It's hot. Pretty sure some cotton shorts or a dress will do just fine. Be warned, if you come here and dress this way, I will judge you.

The other one that gets me is foreigners dressed like they are at the beach. Pretty sure walking around the city in a swimsuit top, or swim trunks without a shirt on is frowned upon in a Buddhist country. Clearly they never got the memo, Chiang Mai is surrounded by Jungle.

Just sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment